Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Vintage style

Continuing my look back on the burnt orange and avocado green era of my childhood...

My mom (who knows perfectly well what a blog is, thank you very much) recently forwarded me an email containing excerpts from a department store catalog from the late seventies. And by some strange synchronicity, today I came across this blog entry dissecting a JCPenney catalog from 1975. Wow, if you thought Alistair Cookie was unsuitable for children, how about pimp duds, guns, and water pipes? Not to mention all that acrylic pile.

And before anyone says it: yes, I'm fully aware that one of my children is one day bound to make similar public mockery of turn-of-the-century style, via whatever technology supplants those old-fashioned "blogs" that Dad is always blathering on about. But refer once more to the photo of the red and black bathroom decor, and then judge me...

No comments: